Thursday, May 8, 2008

having fun...


so i've been making more papier-mache pieces of late. i love working with papier-mache, i find it so relaxing (when it's turning out the way i want) and i've been incorporating a lot of papier-mache details to my pieces, mainly in the form of domed or ornamental 'roofs'.

a few weeks ago we were doing some grocery shopping in chinatown and one of the store owners gave lili a musical box as a gift. it wasn't very appealing visually (painted to look like a radio with little plastic mice running over it) so of course i ripped it apart (keeping the main shape) and turned it into this....and had a lot of fun doing it! i love making things for lili, it gives me an excuse to not do my work and throw myself into projects i would normally deem to not have the time to do.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

what FUN stuff! I LOVE it!

VSJensen said...

hi julie! thanks for the link to my blog, your stuff is really incredible! and your daughter is so cute! my youngest is 14 months old, also. what a great age it is! i'll check back on your blog soon!

Lisa said...

i got a treasury today on etsy and included you.
its called " i love their art and their blogs"
go see!

noodle and lou said...

what DELIGHTFUL work!! I'm so thrilled to have found you through lisa's treasury!! and your daughter is just adorable:):)